How to build Matlab
You need: matlab installation cd ( or iso image ), pbuilder, installation key, license file to activate the product, ping licserv should work
Installation and Package Build
- login in pbuilder jail
- mount your installation source ( real cd or loop mount iso image )
- run 'install' from where your source was mounted
an X environment. If you do text mode installation, which is possible, you will need X later to activate the product and then your license file will NOT
- do full installation with matlab root '/opt/matlab/$matlabversion'
- do sym links in '/usr/bin'
- when the installation is complete copy/move '/opt/matlab/$matlabversion' to your build directory
- create 'DEBIAN' directory ( you may want to use the one from the current package ) and edit the control files
- in 'postinst' you should take care of the sym links right now
ln -s -f $MP/matlab /usr/bin/matlab
ln -s -f $MP/mbuild /usr/bin/mbuild
ln -s -f $MP/mcc /usr/bin/mcc
ln -s -f $MP/mex /usr/bin/mex
- do not forget to remove the code above in 'postrm'
- build with 'dpkg -b builddirectory pkgname.deb'
- 11 Sep 2008
| Title || How to build Matlab |
| Description || This pages describes how to build Matlab. |
| Tags || Matlab build |
| Category || Admin |