We have got a power strip from Rittal and Bürger-Elektroniks with build-in inrush current limiter.
For a single node the inrush current limiter works as it is supposed to be.
All the high current peaks disappear. We had to remove the over-voltage protection since we connected the power strip on a schuko plug.
We measured a voltage of 230V on the source, even without having any power consumption. This means, the NTC's have a finite resistance at this point.
If we consume energy with less than 0.1W (outside of the tolerance of the multimeter) and operate a LED, the inrush current limiter is still swallowing the current peaks.
If we consume 2W we and plug a node into the source we observer peaks of 30A for 40us.
Unplugging and plugging back the node within 1s creates inrush current peaks.
Unplugging, waiting 2s and plugging the node leads to a disappearance of the peaks, hence, the NTC's are cooled down
Taken from: Issue #56
Attached you will find the data taken from both power strips.