for more detailed information on the 1800 Switch familiy.
|| 8 port - 8G
|| 24 Port - 24G
| Latency for 100Mb, 64byte packet
| Latency for 1000Mb, 64byte packet
| Switching Capacity
| max. ports/Trunk
| Througput, 64byte packet
|| 11.9 million packets/s
|| 35.7 million packets/s
One can link devices to a trunk, they'll act as one aggregated virtual link.
- We have to check if this feature works together with channel bonding, leads to performance increase or decrease.
One can crete logical partitions of the physical LAN. 64VLANS are supported. They can be applied to Trunks, as well as to single ports.
- Ports can be in different VLANS
- VLAN Packets can be tagged. So they only will be delivered inside the VLAN. As Nodes can't tag or recive tagged packets, this feature is for switch-switch connections only.
- There is something like PVID...
- We have to check how VLANS help to increase the Throughput and how it works with channel bonding.
for is read only. No configuration can be made.
Disable "Rate Limits"!
Otherwise there may be problems with the DHCP-communication!
There are two 24port and one 8port Switch installed in the test Rack
.They can be configured by Browser
http://192.168.1.10, http://192.168.1.11, http://192.168.1.12
or over their forwarded Ports at 18.104.22.168:40080,50080,60080
By default the Ip is 192.168.2.10/8 and therefore not accessible from our 255.255.0.0 Subnet. Now the IP is aquired via Dhcp.
I failed accessing the Page via links2, the output is unreadable.
Nmap Dump for the Switch:
Interesting ports on 192.168.1.10:
Not shown: 1686 closed ports
PORT STATE SERVICE
32/tcp filtered unknown2
34/tcp filtered unknown
80/tcp open http
278/tcp filtered unknown
412/tcp filtered synoptics-trap
628/tcp filtered qmqp
794/tcp filtered unknown
1015/tcp filtered unknown
1362/tcp filtered timeflies
1410/tcp filtered hiq
2600/tcp filtered zebrasrv
MAC Address: 00:16:B9:C6:00:80 (ProCurve Networking)