New espresso coffee machine
The Nespresso coffee machine in the kitchen close to Mrs Salatti-Tara's office makes good espresso (short and long).
In order to use it you need to buy your own coffee. This comes in the form of custom-made capsules that you can order over the phone by calling
0800 18 18 444 or through the internet at
The first time you order something you will have to sign up as a member of the nespresso club (no big deal), and at further orders you can give them your membership number and they will have delivery information etc. already in their system. I usually pay after delivery, when I get a bill, but you can pay by credit card upon order, and there might be other possibilities too. delivery takes less than / equal to 2 working days.
There are various different types of coffees that you can choose from, see for example http://www.nespresso.com/precom/n_art_de_de.html
Anyhows, if you browse the web site you can learn all there is to learn -- and it ain't complicated...
In case you are asked what machine you are going to use, the machine is a Krups Essenza type XN 2107
I am leaving some usage instructions in the drawer in the kitchen. The basic is:
0) empty the empty-capsules tray if it is full
1) make sure there is water in the water tank
2) switch on machine
3) wait 'till lights stop blinking
4) put in the capsule (from top)
5) push button once corresponding to the strength of coffee that you want. The machine will stop automatically.
6) dispose of used capsule by opening and closing the top