Dell Power Connect 2716 Switch
Product web page: Power Connect 2716
To enable managed mode, follow these steps:
- Attach power cord to the switch
- Wait for the Managed Mode LED to stop flashing and turns off.
- Press the Managed Mode pin-hole button on the front of the switch. The switch will power cycle and the Managed Mode LED will stay lit.
- The switch is now in Managed Mode.
To configure the switch while in Managed Mode, follow these steps:
- First, collect the following information
- IP address for the switch
- Netmask for the network
- IP address for the gateway.
- From a computer attached to the switch, open a web browser.
- If the switch has never before been configured, enter the following IP in the browser's address bar: 192.168.2.1
- A login screen should appear. Enter admin for the username and keep the password field blank.
- Press the OK button to login.
- In order to use jumbo frames up to 9K, the switch must first be put into Managed Mode.
- After Managed Mode has been turned on, log into the switch via the web interface.
- Use the navigation box on the left side of the window. Click on Jumbo Frames
- Change Disabled to Enabled. The switch will then power cycle.
- Log out, and test.
- Managed mode defaults:
- IP: 192.168.2.1
- Netmask: 255.255.255.0
- Gateway 0.0.0.0
- Settings are saved after power loss.
- this includes IP address and jumbo frames setting
- Settings are LOST by switching between managed and unmanaged modes.
- Cannot log into web interface if MTU is greater than 1500, even if jumbo frames are enabled in the switch.
Jumbo Frames Testing:
- I configured the switch to use the IP address: 192.168.10.201
- Next, I enabled Jumbo Frames and power-cycled the switch.
- Configured two machines to use frames of 9K
- scp'ed a file from one machine to another.
[root@einstein-fs3 ~]# scp openvpn-2.0.7-1.fc3.rf.x86_64.rpm email@example.com:/root/
openvpn-2.0.7-1.fc3.rf.x86_64.rpm 100% 362KB 361.8KB/s 00:00